Using the Power of a Penny to Benefit Commercial Real Estate and Minnesota Businesses
NAIOP Minnesota is the advocate for Minnesota commercial real estate (CRE) and the job-creating businesses that are its tenants. NAIOP is passionate about the health of Minnesota businesses and the economic contributions CRE generates throughout the state. It advocates for reducing Minnesota’s burdensome high taxes on commercial, industrial and mixed-use properties and for business-friendly government policies.
Since 1990, NAIOP’s public policy initiatives are funded entirely by Penny Per Square Foot (PPSF) contributions.
How PPSF Works
CRE properties annually provide one cent per square foot of occupied space they own or manage. This is included in CAM reconciliation as a voluntary contribution by the tenant. That contribution is dedicated to NAIOP’s PPSF Fund. For example, a building with 75,000 square feet contributes $750 a year to the PPSF Fund through its CAM reconciliations.
PPSF: Fueling Advocacy for Minnesota’s CRE Industry
- Providing the voice of the CRE industry and its tenants to government officials.
- Communicating fiscally responsible policy while addressing outcomes that threaten CRE owners and that financially burden tenants.
- Conveying examples of the impacts unfriendly policy can cause.
- Leading with information to generate actions by government officials.
- Engaging and informing industry practitioners on issues impacting their business.