PPL is seeking a self-motivated and passionate individual to join our Career Center team as an Enrollment & Outreach Coordinator. This position will coordinate the outreach and recruitment of participants into PPL’s Employment Training Programs and Services and help determine eligibility, selection, and enrollment of participants into various employment training programs offered through PPL’s Career Center.
The Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator will work to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all individuals regardless of race, age, religion, ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity/expression, age, ability, and religion. Utilizing a robust racial equity lens in the execution of duties is critical to the success of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Intake and Assessments:
- Provide ongoing support and assistance for current and potential participants with the next steps throughout the intake process. This includes meeting with potential participants on a walk-in basis as well as through scheduled appointments.
- Connect periodically with participants, using PPL’s onsite Access Lab to ensure participants are aware of all services offered.
- Conduct, schedule, and interview potential participants for enrollment into job training programs. Work in partnership with training staff.
- Proctor skills assessments (TABE, Northstar Digital Literacy) in conjunction with other staff to ensure all participants are on track to enrollment.
- Coordinates outreach and recruitment efforts for PPL’s Employment Training by leading Information Sessions, hosting info booths at various events, including career/job fairs, festivals, as well as community-organized events to engage potential program participants and generate new outreach leads.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends periodically.
- Provide excellent customer service in person, over the phone, and remotely as needed via various media platforms.
- Effectively handle a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise by providing excellent customer service skills.
- Periodically assist in covering the front desk lunch breaks as needed.
- Assist in entering applications into PPL’s CTK Apricot database on time.
- Maintain accurate case notes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field (additional education may substitute for experience).
- Experience working with low-income families and connecting them to services.
- Experience with community outreach.
- Excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate computer network (files, drives, and folders) and update online databases.
- Excellent multitasking prioritization skills
- Experience with case notes
- Reliable transportation. Valid driver’s license/insurance preferred.
Health & Dental insurance; Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance; Paid Parental Leave; Voluntary Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA); PTO & Paid Holidays; 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match; Summer half-day Fridays; and an impactful presence in an organization that makes a difference in many lives.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online via https://www.pplinc.org/careers. Include a cover letter and resume. Questions about the position can be sent to email@example.com.
The process includes phone screens and in-person interviews, reference, and background checks for final candidates. PPL strives to be an equitable and inclusive organization committed to elevating the voices of the communities we serve, those who are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PPL is an EEO/AA employer. PPL participates in the federal E-verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.