Development Associate, Schafer Richardson
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC (SR) is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Development Associate is responsible for providing support to the development team throughout all phases of commercial, multifamily, and mixed-use projects to accomplish Schafer Richardson’s investment goals and objectives. The Development Associate must be highly organized, collaborative, and able to multitask & prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job description below outlines the primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Research local requirements including, but not limited to land use, zoning, and funding requirements.
- Compile market information on comparable sites/properties, demographics, sales, etc.
- Provide initial site analysis and underwriting for new development opportunities, as directed.
- Assist with coordination of hired consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Order title work, surveys, environmental reports and other development related items.
- Assist with grant proposals and reporting, land use and regulatory applications, financial closings, project due-diligence and other development related items.
- Compile bills and update excel spreadsheets for project budgeting and tracking.
- Create and modify documents such as reports, memos, presentations, and letters using word processing, spreadsheet, power point, or other programs.
- Lead coordination of events for groundbreakings and building openings.
- Assist with marketing efforts, which includes creating marketing materials for projects, investors, social media, and internal SR collateral.
- Compile data and prepare reports for the Vice President of Development, Development Managers and Principals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly investor reports.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, mailing and filing.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing project agendas, meetings, and conference calls with project team. Prepare and update meeting agendas for project meetings, prepare and coordinate presentations, and serve as project “officer” coordinating meetings, workflow, and communication.
- Assist senior team members with preparation of reports, monitoring design and construction and interfacing with architects and contractors. Maintain critical issues list for project team.
- Assist in the selection, management, purchase and installation of furnishings and art.
- Assist in all aspects of the project from inception to close out, as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with project stakeholders.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
- Exemplary organization and time management skills.
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Preference for knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators and copiers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience may substitute
- 2 years of related Real Estate experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with project financial modeling a plus
- Ability to attend occasional evening meetings
- Minimal travel to development sites
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position, moving about the office to access file cabinets, varying office locations, office machines, constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. computer, copy, fax and printer). Occasionally positions self to work atop, under or traverse company rooms and or equipment. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors and customers and must be able to exchange and communicate accurate information in these situations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401