Capital Markets Analyst, Mortenson
Minneapolis, MN | HQ Business Support
Mortenson Development, Inc. is seeking a Capital Markets Analyst to be based in the headquarters office in Minneapolis, MN. The Capital Markets Analyst will play a key role that will interface with development staff, legal staff, and the MDI executive team. Specific duties will include complex financial modeling, valuations, underwriting, creation of offering memoranda (debt and equity), asset management and capital raising.
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
The Big Picture:
Mortenson Development, Inc. is seeking a Capital Markets Analyst to be based in the headquarters office in Minneapolis, MN, and reporting to MDI’s Capital Markets Executive. Primary responsibilities will entail working closely with MDI’s regional development offices and Mortenson Properties, Inc., a commercial real estate investment and management company, on a wide range of new development and acquisition opportunities across several asset classes from inception to exit, or operations.
The Capital Markets Analyst will play a key role that will interface with development staff, legal staff, and the MDI executive team. Specific duties will include complex financial modeling, valuations, underwriting, creation of offering memoranda (debt and equity), asset management and capital raising.
What will you be doing?
- Provide underwriting and evaluation support across multiple property types, including medical office, multifamily, hotel, industrial, mission critical and land asset classes, and alternative investments.
- Prepare information memoranda and associated materials for distribution to potential investors and lenders.
- Support overall due diligence process, including legal and asset management, from pre-development through completion/disposition.
- Develop and implement financial models to support credit analysis.
- Conduct analytical work that supports the financing strategies of development opportunities.
- Supports the MDI team in identifying areas where processes and procedures can be applied to improve communication and efficiency.
How will you succeed?
- Advanced analytical skills, including the demonstrated ability to perform financial modeling using Microsoft Excel and ARGUS.
- Strong underwriting ability, including deep understanding of property valuation utilizing discounted cash flow methodology, submarket fundamental forecasting, and comparable analysis. and capital markets.
- Sound credit background in commercial real estate and capital markets.
- Successful experience in developing and cultivating long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Strong people skills with high integrity and a team attitude.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and manage change effectively.
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback.
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills.
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, or related field.
- Minimum two years’ progressive work experience in real estate finance & development.
- Experience in the structuring and documentation of transactions.
- Experience with transactions, underwriting and due diligence.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Apply Now »