Senior Administrative Assistant
Piedmont Office Realty Trust
The Senior Administrative Assistant performs clerical and administrative support, contributes towards tenant interface initiatives, and assists the regional office with special projects. Specifically, the job includes assisting the SVP Property Management, as well as the property management team in the regional office. Support functions include preparing general word processing, filing, scheduling, and answering phones.
- Two or four year degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Two to five years’ experience in a similar environment or position required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and aptitude for learning software applications used for accounting, budgeting, and tenant work orders.
- Must excel in supporting senior management in written and phone communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of employees and tenants using poise and tact.
- Must have a strong work ethic, a high energy level, and the ability to manage multiple tasks requiring attention to detail.
- Must be able to professionally handle confidential information.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and familiarity with real estate terminology is helpful.
- Requires frequent movement and the ability to inspect all areas of the property including the roof and basement. Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods to greet tenants and vendors.
- Routine physical presence is required at the office to provide general support and backup to co-workers and meet service needs of tenants.
- Routine travel is not required for the position. Requires annual travel for two to three days to attend company-wide meeting.
- General Administration: (60% of Time)
Accounts Receivables and Payables: (10% of Time)
- Schedules and organizes activities for SVP Property Management such as meetings, travel, and conferences.
- Maintains the regional office’s IT and Telecom contracts and products and assists with any issues in the region associated with the network, printers, scanners, cell phones, etc.
- Organizes broker meetings and employee teambuilding events.
- Provides SVP Property Management budget reports, tracking sheets, meeting presentations, meeting agendas, and training materials as requested.
- Creates meeting agendas and minutes on a local, regional, and national level.
- Assists Property Management team with projects including training presentations, newsletters, policies and procedures, and tenant or internal communications.
- Researches, organizes, and reports to SVP Property Management on various topics including market data, monthly physical occupancy, quarterly building credentials, and department goals/accomplishments.
- Maintains and updates applicable documents on SharePoint.
- Consolidates any tenant survey information into a summary report for regional management.
Vendor Management: (30% of Time)
- Reconcile and code regional invoices for payment.
- Creates and processes all expense reports for the SVP Property Management.
- Reviews and routes expense reports from Midwest region and all direct reports for SVP Property Management approval.
- Prepares record keeping including invoice payment, check requests, expense reports, and corporate credit card expense documents.
- Assembles resources for capital plan and budgeting presentations.
- Plans for capital spend, operating budgets, regional budgets, and unbudgeted capital requests.
- Assist with the assembly, review, and submission of the Midwest regional budget. Reviews all other markets for consistency.
Apply Now »
- Reviews and proofreads vendor contracts and legal documents prior to signature by SVP Property Management and routes to appropriate internal and external parties.
- Corresponds with Property Management team regarding issues or changes required on contracts.
- Assists with updating the Vendor Management Policy and acts as a resource for questions regarding the policy.
- Acts as final reviewer for the close out of Construction Management files and provides Construction Management fee invoices when appropriate.