Project Management Associate
NTH is an award-winning, independent real estate and project management firm based in Minneapolis that helps clients make effective real estate decisions. Using a distinctive approach to real estate and project management services, NTH provides customized solutions that meet clients' real estate needs and business goals. With decades of experience in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area, NTH has extensive knowledge of the real estate market and offers unmatched, valuable insight into both existing properties and new developments. NTH values a high level of client service, collaborative work within the office and with project partners, and service to our local community. Our project work spans strategic planning, site selection, lease/purchase negotiations, financial analysis, budgets and schedule management, and design and construction management. For more detailed information see our website at www.nth-inc.com.
This position will support NTH project managers. With experience, this position may lead to full service involvement by leading projects. Ideally after 1 year, the candidate should be able to manage some projects independently. Position will report directly to project management principal.
General tasks include:
- Provide design and construction related project management services for projects ranging from small tenant improvement projects to ground-up construction.
- Support real estate transactions through insights into building systems, project budgets, and schedules.
- Position requires on-site project meetings and construction observation.
Typical working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday but there may be situations that require working outside of the normal schedule.
TYPICAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the benefits of project management services offered by NTH
- Research background information on client business, understand client project goals and implement project accordingly
- Support Real Estate – evaluate building conditions during client tours, interpret landlord work letter, track tenant improvement allowance, monitor project budget and schedule, evaluate “fit plans” and analyze, from a functional perspective, space plan options
- Create, modify and track project schedules
- Evaluate alternative project delivery strategies
- Schedule and document meetings with various user groups and consultants
- Demonstrate an understanding of building systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical, structural, etc.) and building standards and their implications on the design
- Prepare and monitor a comprehensive project budget, including furniture, technology, and other related costs
- Assist in the solicitation, evaluation and selection of design firms, engineers, contractors, furniture vendors, movers, technology consultants, card access, AV, cabling, etc.
- Pursue alternative products, technologies, etc., that might be appropriate (e.g., sustainable design)
- Monitor the progress of the architect and other design consultants
- Participate in the review of design and construction documents. Coordinate consultants responsible for reviewing and commenting on construction documents
- Review all requests for payment (including supporting documentation and lien waivers)
- Review and evaluate all requests submitted by design consultants for additional services
- Provide technical review/assistance as requested (e.g., products, vendors, etc.)
- Work with architect or design engineers to define the commissioning requirements that will be included in the drawings and specifications
- Participate in the relocation planning
- Participate in project, design and construction meetings, regular site visits, field reports, etc.
- Observe construction progress on a regular basis for consistency with plans and schedules
- Review and understand project construction costs. Work with client and related project partners to create a systematic approach for tracking construction costs
- Participate in all project related documentation (e.g., shop drawings, submittals, change orders, RFI’s, PR’s, etc.)
- Participate in punch list inspection
- Track the submission of record documents (e.g., “as-built” drawings, O&M manuals, training sessions, etc.), review for conformance, and distribute to client
- Participate in final accounting (e.g., releasing retainage, closing contracts, etc.)
- Assist NTH staff with prospect and client related research, preparation of presentations and proposals, and administrative work, such as answering phones, maintaining office supplies and scheduling meetings
- Manage files – create files for new or prospective clients, close out files for completed projects, route closed files to storage as needed
- Attend continuing education programs to expand skills and network
- Participate in professional organizations applicable to real estate, design and construction
- Participate in marketing and business development activities
- Seek knowledge regarding industry trends and market status both locally and nationally
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, interior design or related field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in design, construction and/or project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in tracking a project from inception to completion
- Ability to review and comment on architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical/electrical project documents in both printed and electronic formats
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to handle several projects at once and navigate changing priorities
- Team player, service orientated both with clients and other staff members
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for attending client meetings, tours, and other events within the Twin Cities metro area
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position is salaried, at a level commensurate with experience.
Benefits include PTO, a group health plan, 401(k) Plan, transportation allowance, and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply via email to Terry Tinnes at email@example.com.